View the webinar slide deck: click here.
#fundchat Transcript Now Available: Young Professionals: Cultivating the Next Generation of Donors
We are extremely pleased to announce the inaugural #fundchat webinar, titled “Young Professionals: Cultivating the Next Generation of Donors.”
Join the #fundchat community and Layne Gray, founder of Vivanista, on Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 4 p.m. EDT for a presentation and a tweetchat (of course!) about this incredibly pertinent topic.
Gen Y (millenials, twentysomethings, etc.) are just starting out in their careers, rarely own their own home and surely don’t have a charitable remainder trust. So why should nonprofits spend valuable time cultivating them? If you cultivate a community of passionate young professionals today, the next generation of donors will already embrace your mission and cause. But how to do it successfully is both art and science.
This webinar will address the following issues:
- Why Gen Y join Young Professional organizations
- How to create and sustain a YP organization for a nonprofit
- How to structure the organization and events
- Philanthropic drivers and strategies that speak to Gen Y
Here’s how to participate in the very first #fundchat webinar:
- Register for the webinar on GoToWebinar – click here to register.
- Tune in to the webinar at the appointed time using the instructions (check your registration confirmation email). You can listen to the presentation through your computer or via a special conference call number.
- Finally, fire up Twebevent (or your favorite Twitter client) so you can discuss the presentation as-it-happens with the #fundchat community. Brendan Kinney will moderate the chat and seek input on the Q&A session via #fundchat. If you are a #fundchat newbie, you can find out how to participate in a tweetchat here.
Layne Gray is a professional fundraiser who has raised millions of dollars for various charities. She has consulted with organizations to develop different types of volunteer groups, including young professionals, philanthro-teens, and women’s auxiliaries. She also designs fundraising campaigns that integrate in-person events with on-line tools. Learn more about Layne and her firm, Vivanista.