Chat stats and transcript now available here.
For many nonprofits, planned giving is a check box on a return envelope, a “legacy” society, and if you are lucky, a regular printed newsletter. For many more organizations, having a planned giving program is an idea that is just too complicated to even consider.
If you’re looking to take the next step with your planned giving program, get one off the ground, or share your expertise with others, join the #fundchat community on Wednesday, Nov. 9 from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. EDT for “Planned Giving: Moving Beyond the Basics.”
On average, about 50 people participate in #fundchat each week. It’s community participation that leads to a successful chat. Here’s how you can help:
- Spread the word: tell your friends and colleagues about #fundchat. Share a link to the blog on your social networks. Ask a friend to sit with you over lunch during #fundchat so they can see what it’s all about.
- Suggest a question (or two): #fundchat is moderated by @brendankinney and he could really use your help dreaming up good questions for the chat. The moderator offers up questions every 10 minutes or so during #fundchat. Great questions lead to a great conversation. Dull questions, well…you get the idea. Please suggest a question or idea in the comments section of the blog.
Here are the questions for today’s chat:
- How did you start your PG program and if you had to do it again, what would you do differently?
- Who took a leadership role in championing PG in your organization?
- If you’re the only fundraiser, how do you manage PG with so many things on your plate?
- How do you identify PG prospects?
- How do you track PG intentions?
- Do you ever use Planned Giving to inspire current giving?
We had so many suggestions for questions, we created a Planned Giving survey. Take it now – http://twtpoll.com/c68haw.