Join the #fundchat community on Wednesday, November 16 from 12 pm – 1 pm EDT for a conversation about “Optimizing Your Nonprofit Website.”
With so much focus on social media, a regular website seems kind of “old school.” But many nonprofits still struggle with having an effective website. Other nonprofits have a solid website, but have taken their eye off the ball to focus on their mission or other communication platforms like blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and now Google+.
This week’s #fundchat will focus on “WWW,” the three W’s of What, When, and Why and how to apply these questions to your web presence. Here’s your to do list in preparation for this week’s #fundchat:
- What are your questions? Participants offer most of the questions that are considered during #fundchat, so submit yours now in the comment section below!
- Spread the word. Let your colleagues and friends on Facebook and Twitter know about #fundchat. Invite them to peer over your shoulder and see what it’s all about. Last week we had nearly 50 people participate in #fundchat.
- Help with homework prep. Share links and resources about smart nonprofit web design and strategy using the #fundchat hashtag.
Here’s the line-up of questions for the convo:
- Q1: What role does your org website play in “making your case” and your overall strategy to reach donors?
- Q2: What aspect of your website makes you wince and why? (C’mon, we’re among friends!)
- Q3: Have printed or other forms of communications with your constituents and donors been supplanted by your website? Good or bad?
- Q4: What is your strategy for integrating calls to action on your website?
- Q5: What advice do you have for dealing with “the dreaded online giving form?”
- Q6: If your org has a commercial aspect, how do you balance between your philanthropic mission & commercial needs? (i.e. museums, etc.)
If you are new to Twitter chats, it’s easy. You can follow the #fundchat hashtag at the appointed time using your favorite Twitter client. You can also use the #fundchat page on Twebevent, which provides a web-based interface and consolidates the conversation in one view (it also automatically includes the hashtag at the end of your posts). Check out the #fundchat guidelines page fore more tips.