10/19 #fundchat: “Getting Ready to Ask for a Big Gift”Posted: October 11, 2011
Last month, Tony Martignetti of #nonprofitradio fame, was featured on The Chronicle of Philanthropy website. His podcast, “Getting Ready to Ask for a Big Gift,” raised important issues and insights into this critical topic:
“For any nonprofit, success means preparing volunteers, board members, and fund raisers alike to ask for big gifts. How much should solicitors talk, and when should they listen? What steps can an organization do to prepare the prospect beforehand?”
Join the #fundchat community on Wednesday, October 19 at 12 p.m. EDT for a lively conversation on the topic of preparing for the big ask. If you are a #fundchat newbie, no worries…we’ve got you covered right here.
What can you do to help?
- Share your ideas for questions for this #fundchat topic by sharing them in the comments section below.
- Take a listen to Tony Martignetti’s podcast that inspired this edition of #fundchat!
- Spread the word about the 10/19 #fundchat by sharing on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook.
- RSVP for this event via the #fundchat Facebook page.
You can keep the conversation rolling between #fundchat sessions by connecting with tweeps on the #fundchat Facebook page!
– Brendan Kinney, moderator of #fundchat